Presented by: Goldman & Pease LLC
APARTMENT OR CONDOMINIUM SHARING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AIRBNB
- What are the security risks, nuisances, and property damage that result from engaging an Airbnb rental?
- What are the best practices for avoiding problems that neighbors and property managers frequently encounter when tenants or condo unit owners use Airbnb.com?
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: ARE THEY REALLY INDEPENDENT?
- When does the law define your independent contractor as an employee?
- What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor?
LIMITING THE OWNER / INVESTOR RATIO IN CONDOMINIUMS
- When is it possible to implement owner occupancy requirements for a condominium?
- What changes must be made to the Declaration of Trust or By-laws and how is this done?
- Can a lottery system be used to assign rental opportunities to a select number of unit owners?
- How can a Hardship Exception be used to build flexibility into the rule?
- Is it possible to collect fines from unit owners who rent their units in violation of the rule?
HYBRID INSURANCE CLAIMS OF UNIT OWNERS AND CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATIONS
- When may the claims of unit owners be assigned to the condominium association?
- How can a property manager determine which unit owners must assign their claims?
- If collecting insurance proceeds, when must unit owners execute insurance releases?
- How do property managers pursue hybrid insurance claims from HO6 and Common area policies?
LITIGATION AGAINST DEVELOPERS FOR MOLD AND DEFECTIVE CONSTRUCTION
- Can a condominium association file suit against the developer and/or architect of the condominium upon discovering mold or construction defects?
- What is the Statute of Repose and how does it limit the time for initiating litigation against a developer?
- What is the difference between an implied warranty and an express warranty and how is each handled under the statute of repose?